In this video, JD Grayman from Grayman Urban Survival Topics Online breaks down the contents of his Maxpedition Micropocket Organizer and shows us his grab and go EDC kit. He has a lot of really interesting and downright useful inclusions and mods he’s incorporated into his everyday carry tool kit. The cool thing about this kit is that you can grab it and go. You can keep it in your EDC bag or keep it in your vehicle for when you need it. It is small enough to not be a nuisance to carry which means you are more likely to have it when you need it. You can easily incorporate a ton of these ideas into your own kit, I already have stolen a couple of these ideas for inclusion in my own EDC bag.
From the video:
Just a little project I threw together, using a Maxpedition Mini. I have this thing absolutely stuffed full of handly little dodads, trinkets, whosits, whatsits, flotsam and jetsom.
A couple of the highlights are:
- A really simple solution for a light diffuser that most of you already have in your pocket. Should work for most smaller flashlights.
- A great way to carry small rolls of tape without taking up much space. Works for multiple sizes and types of tape.
- A mini pry bar that looks like it can put in work.
- A ton of thoughtful inclusions to an EDC kit that for almost any situation.
The contents of the kit:
- Nite Ize #4 S-biner
- Mini Bic (5 pack)
- Mini Sharpie 4 colors pack (cheapest deal I could find)
- Mag Light Solitaire
- Fisher Stowaway Pen
- Rite in the Rain notepad (normally 6 bucks or so, but 1 version is an add-on item, and less than 4 bucks)
- #36 Tarred Bank Line
- Dasco Pro Lil’ Pro Pry Bar
- SOL Slim Rescue Howler Whistle (2 pack)
- Carmex Lip Balm (3 pack)
- Swiss Army Knife (Tinker Edition)
- UCO Stormproof Matches
- Pencil – Free from Ikea. Grab a handful of these
- Small Compass – Have to buy at REI
- Paracord, rubber bands, ranger bands, paper clips, bobby pins, safety pins, nail clippers, tweezers, chapstick should all be available at person’s home already. Zip Ties just buy at dollar tree.
Check out The Grayman Urban Survival Topics Online Youtube channel HERE. He has a ton of great videos that cover EDC gear reviews, gear mods, and grayman tactics.
Follow JD Grayman on Instagram HERE.
You can order a custom paracord knot tying jig from JD Grayman HERE.